For years the standard mocktail option was club soda and lime. While hydrating, the soda/lime combo can get a little dull. I’m excited to declare that the days of dull mocktail options are over. Mocktails can be delicious, complex, and best of all: special.
One of my favorite mocktail drink bases is kombucha. It’s tangy, sour, and often available in really interesting flavors, like Legendary Lavender from Bootlegger Brewing. Lavender Kombucha is the perfect base for Ginger Lemongrass Syrup and fresh lime. The floral notes compliment the spiciness of the ginger and the tart lime juice brings it all together into a delightful and refreshing drink.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
- ¾ oz Ginger Lemongrass Simple Syrup
- ¾ oz Lime Juice, fresh squeezed
- 6 oz Lavender Kombucha (we used Bootlegger Brewing's Legendary Lavender)
- Lime wedge for garnish (optional)
HOW TO MAKE:
- In a shaker, combine ice, ginger lemongrass syrup, and lime juice. Shake for 15 seconds to combine.
- Pour the entire contents of the shaker (including ice) into a tall glass.
- Top with additional ice if needed.
- Fill remainder of glass with Lavender Kombucha.
- Garnish with lime wheel.
TIPS & TRICKS:
Kombucha is usually naturally fizzy but some brands may add carbonation. Because of this make sure you wait to add the kombucha to the glass and not the shaker, or it may get a little too fizzy.
If you don’t have access to a lavender kombucha, plain kombucha is also delicious with the syrup and lime. Or try a ginger booch for an extra spicy kick!